- Brown v. Orleans Parish Sheriff Office, 19-30922, appeal from E.D. La.
- per curiam (Jones, Costa, Wilson), prisoner suit
- Dismissing as frivolous appeal from district court’s dismissal of suit alleging that he is illegally confined.
- U.S. v. O’Donnell, 20-10238, appeal from N.D. Tex.
- per curiam (Smith, Stewart, Higginson), criminal
- Granting Anders motion to withdraw, and dismissing appeal.
- Acosta v. Garland, 20-60089, petition for review of BIA order
- per curiam (Dennis, Engelhardt, Hicks (by designation)), immigration
- Granting Cuban citizen’s petition for review of BIA order upholding IJ’s denial of application for asylum and withholding of removal, vacating BIA order, and remanding for further proceedings. The Court held that the BIA failed to examine evidence that the petitioner’s past persecution in Cuba was due to mixed motives, some legitimate and some illegitimate, and that the BIA failed to consider whether the proffered legitimate motives could have been pretextual.
- Brown v. Saul, 20-61195, appeal from N.D. Miss.
- per curiam (King, Smith, Wilson), social security
- Affirming denial of social security benefits.