Designated for publication
- Maniar v. Garland, 18-60667, petition for review of BIA order
- Ho, J. (Barksdale, Elrod, Ho), immigration
- Denying in part and dismissing in part petition to review BIA order upholding IJ’s removal order on the basis that the petitioner had committed an aggravated felony. The Court held that the petitioner’s conviction of conspiracy to commit money laundering “plainly constitutes an aggravated felony.”
- U.S. v. Phillips, 19-50694, appeal from W.D. Tex.
- per curiam (Smith, Ho, Barker (by designation)), criminal, sufficiency of evidence
- Affirming convictions and sentence for possession with intent to distribute cocaine base, unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon, and possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime.
- Richardson v. Famous Bourbon Management Group, Inc., 20-30510, appeal from E.D. La.
- per curiam (Jolly, Elrod, Graves), Fair Labor Standards Act, settlement agreement
- Affirming district court’s enforcement of a settlement agreement in consolidated actions under the Fair Labor Standards Act by former employees of a group of New Orleans restaurants.